Configuration scripts are useful for maintaining settings and configuration information, particularly when setting up multiple enclosures and Onboard Administrator modules and eliminating the need to configure each enclosure manually, saving time and effort in the process. Configuration scripts can be created and used with Onboard Administrator in the browser or through the CLI, executing them in the same manner as a shell script is executed in Linux or UNIX.
To view a current configuration for the enclosure:
- Click the Click here link. The configuration opens in a new browser window.
- To save the configuration as a text file, choose either of the following options:
- If you use Microsoft® Internet Explorer, select Save As.
- If you use Mozilla Firefox, select Save Page As.
You can also select a local file or a URL for the configuration script.
- Local file—You can browse for the configuration file or you can enter the path of the configuration file into the textbox. The maximum number of characters in the file path cannot exceed 256. After entering the configuration file path, click Upload.
- URL—If the configuration file is located on a web server, enter an HTTP:// path to it. The maximum number of characters in the file path cannot exceed 256. Enter the URL, and then click Apply.
For security, the retrieved current configuration does not contain any user passwords. You can manually edit the script to add the user passwords after the user name on the ADD USER lines. Also, the retrieved current configuration does not contain any of the LCD settings (Lock Buttons, Enable PIN Protection, and PIN Code). These settings cannot be added from the configuration script.
Current enclosure inventory
To view a script of the current enclosure inventory, click the Show All link. The current enclosure inventory opens in a new browser window. To save the inventory as a text file, choose either of the following options:
- If you are using Microsoft® Internet Explorer, select Save As.
- If you are using Mozilla Firefox, select Save Page As.
The downloaded text file provides the same information as a CLI
SHOW ALL command. The text file also displays the current configuration for the enclosure.
This field appears when a USB key is detected in the Active Onboard Administrator USB port and configuration files are present. To download a configuration file, select a file from the menu, and then click Apply. To save the current Onboard Administrator configuration file to the USB key, enter a filename with a .cfg extension, and then click Apply.