Uploading a certificate
You are not required to upload domain controller certificates. HP BladeSystem Onboard Administrator accepts multiple domain controller certificates, which can be uploaded using the Certificate Upload tab under Directory Settings.
To upload a certificate:
- Obtain the certificate from the domain controller by opening a browser and entering the following address:
(where domain controller is the IP address for your network domain controller).
- When prompted to accept a certificate:
- If you are using Internet Explorer 6, click View Certificate.
- If you are using Internet Explorer 7 or later, click Continue to this website (not recommended), and then click Certificate Error in the top address bar. Click View Certificate.
- Click the Details tab, and then click the Copy to File button.
- From the list of export options, select Base-64 encoded x.509 (.CER). Provide a name and location for the file, and finish the upload a certificate wizard.
- Locate the exported certificate file, and then rename it with a .txt extension (for example, dccert.txt). Open the file in a text editor, and then copy the entire contents to the clipboard. The following is an example of an exported certificate file:
- Return to the Onboard Administrator, paste the certificate contents into the window, and then click Upload.