User roles and privilege levels
Within the Users/Authentication category of HP BladeSystem Onboard Administrator, you can access the Local Users subcategory. In this subcategory, you can create user accounts that individuals use to log in to the HP Onboard Administrator, and have a username, password, and typically contact information. Users can have one of three privilege levels:
- ADMINISTRATOR allows access to all aspects of the HP BladeSystem Onboard Administrator including configuration, firmware updates, user management, and resetting default settings.
- OPERATOR allows access to all information, but only certain configuration settings can be changed. This account is used for individuals who might be required to periodically change configuration settings.
- USER allows access to all information, but no changes can be made within HP BladeSystem Onboard Administrator. This account is used for individuals who need to see the configuration of the HP BladeSystem Onboard Administrator but do not need the ability to change settings.
The privilege level approach of HP BladeSystem Onboard Administrator to user permissions facilitates the maintenance of server blade bays. This approach operates according to the following principles:
- Users are assigned privilege levels in User Management.
- A user can have access to any combination of device bays, interconnect bays, and Onboard Administrator bays.
Access to a server blade by a user depends on the privilege level assigned to the user account. If you select a user with Administrator ACL or OA permission, the page will grey out and disable access to the blade and interconnect permissions and select them all.
In cases where HP SIM is used, Onboard Administrator can integrate with HP SIM and use HP SIM users to facilitate a single login from HP SIM into Onboard Administrator. For more information, see HP SIM integration.