Running the Insight Display installation
To identify the enclosure, the rear enclosure UID light and the background of the Insight Display are illuminated blue when the enclosure is powered on initially. When the enclosure is powered up for the first time, the Insight Display launches an installation wizard to guide you through the configuration process. At the beginning of the installation, the wizard automatically powers on the enclosure UID. After the installation is complete, the wizard powers off the enclosure. After configuring the enclosure, the Insight Display verifies that there are no installation or configuration errors. If errors are present, the Insight Display guides you through the process of correcting the errors.
The Enclosure Settings screen is the first screen to appear.
- Review each setting on the Enclosure Settings screen for accuracy.
- To change any value, move the cursor to the menu option to be edited and press the OK button.
- Change the setting to the appropriate value, move the cursor to Accept, and press OK to return to the Enclosure Settings menu. Repeat this step until all options on the Enclosure Settings menu are accurate.
TIP: Select the ? icon to access detailed help information about each setting or topic.
TIP: Within any menu option, navigate the cursor to What is This, and press the OK button to view additional information about each setting, option, or alert.
- When all settings on the Enclosure Settings menu are accurate, move the cursor to Accept All, and press OK to accept the current settings.
You can change the following options in the Enclosure Settings screen:
Power Mode—The default setting is AC Redundant. The following selections are valid:
- AC Redundant
- Power Supply Redundant
Power Limit—The default setting is Not Set. You can change the limit by increments of 50 Watts.
CAUTION: When calculating the Power Limit Watts AC value, derate the circuit to 80% of the maximum to prevent tripping the circuit breaker (United States only).
CAUTION: If your facility cannot support the calculated peak Watts AC, set the Power Watts AC value to match the capability of your facility.
Dynamic Power—The default setting is Enabled. The following selections are valid:
- Enabled—Some power supplies can be placed on standby to automatically increase overall enclosure power subsystem efficiency.
- Disabled—All power supplies share the load. The power subsystem efficiency varies based on load.
OA1 IP Addr—The default setting is DHCP. If no IP address is received, the IP address is 0.0.0.0. The IP address, mask, and gateway are set within this option.
OA2 IP Addr—If this module is present, the default setting is DHCP. If no IP address is received, the IP address is 0.0.0.0. If only one Onboard Administrator module is installed, the screen will display “Not Present.”
Enclosure Name—The default setting is a unique factory-assigned name. The accepted character values are 0–9, A–Z, a–z, -, _ and . is used to signal the end of the name.
NOTE: Do not use the symbol in the middle of a text field. Entries in text fields will be truncated to the last character before the symbol.
TIP: Select Clear from the navigation bar to quickly clear entries in text fields up to the symbol.
Rack Name—The default setting is UnnamedRack The accepted character values are 0–9, A–Z, a–z, -, _ and . is used to signal the end of the name.
DVD Drive—The default setting is Disconnected on all blades. The DVD Connect Status menu displays the current DVD connection status with an icon.
Select a DVD icon on the DVD Connect menu to navigate to the Blade DVD Connection menu.
Select the Help button to view the various DVD Connect icons and their meanings.
If the Insight Display PIN# is set, the DVD Drive menu is LCD PIN protected. You must enter the correct PIN at the LCD to view or change the Enclosure DVD settings.
To connect any blade to a CD, DVD, or ISO file, navigate to either an individual server DVD icon or the All Blades button and press OK.
The Blade DVD Connection menu indicates whether an Enclosure DVD or ISO file on a USB key is available to connect to the selected servers on the DVD Connect Status menu. If multiple ISO files are found on the USB key, there might be more than one page of options. Select the Next Page button to view the next page of connection options.
- Connect to—Select one of the currently available options and click OK to select that option and navigate to the Connect: Blade DVD menu to select whether to reboot the server with this media connected or leave the servers in the existing power state.
- Disconnect DVD Hardware—Disconnects the current media connection and returns to the DVD Connect Status menu.
The following selections are valid:
- No Power Change—Connects the selected media to the server only.
- Connect and Reboot—Connect the selected media to the selected servers and reboots selected servers.
- Navigate to the Accept All button at the bottom of the Enclosure Settings screen, and press OK to accept all the settings and continue.
If the Onboard Administrator module detects other enclosures, the message “Linked enclosures detected” appears.
- Use the up and down arrow buttons to change Push Settings = to one of the following values:
- Yes—Copy the configured power settings, rack name, and LCD Lockout PIN (if set) from the Enclosure Settings screen to the detected enclosures.
- No—Continue configuring the current enclosure only. The Insight Display installation wizard must run on each detected enclosure. Select this option if each enclosure requires different power settings.
IMPORTANT: If your facility uses Static IP addressing for the Onboard Administrator modules, you must manually enter those IP addresses into the Insight Display for each Insight Display separately. You can enter those Onboard Administrator module IP addresses before you send the settings to adjacent enclosures. You can return to the Enclosure Settings menu after the Installation Wizard completes to change the Onboard Administrator module IP addresses, if necessary.
- Move the cursor to Accept, and press the OK button.
The installation wizard displays the Check: Installation and Cables screen.
- Verify all components are installed and connected.
- Select Continue, and press OK to begin checking for configuration and installation errors. When Continue is selected, the enclosure UID automatically powers off. If Push Settings = Yes:
- The enclosure settings are pushed to adjacent enclosures
- The installation wizards run on each adjacent enclosure
- The enclosure UID powers off on the adjacent enclosures
If no errors are detected, the rear enclosure UID powers off, and the Insight Display screen illuminates green.
- Press OK to return to the Main Menu. Enclosure and blade hardware setup and configuration is complete.
IMPORTANT: If errors are detected, the Insight Display screen illuminates amber, and the Health Summary screen displays. For more information on troubleshooting configuration errors, see “Insight Display errors.”
All configuration errors prevent the operation of the enclosure and should be corrected immediately.
- Open a browser and connect to the active Onboard Administrator module using the Onboard Administrator IP address that was configured during the Insight Display installation wizard process.
- Enter the user name and password from the tag supplied with the Onboard Administrator module to access the remote Onboard Administrator web interface and complete the Onboard Administrator first time installation wizard.