Recovering the administrator password
If the administrator password has been lost, you can reset the administrator password to the factory default that shipped on the tag with the Onboard Administrator module. The Onboard Administrator resets a lost password to Lost Password/Flash Disaster Recovery (LP/FDR) mode. To recover the password and reset the administrator password to the factory default:
- Connect a computer to the serial port of the Active Onboard Administrator using a null-modem cable.
- With a null-modem cable (9600 N, 8, 1, VT100, locally connect to the Onboard Administrator).
- Open HyperTerminal (in Microsoft® Windows®) or a suitable terminal window (in Linux), and then connect to the Active Onboard Administrator.
- Press and hold in the Onboard Administrator reset button for 5 seconds.
- To boot the system into Lost Password modem Press L. The password appears as the system reboots.